Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Europe. Here I Come...

Today I leave for Europe and I can hardly wait!  Travel is something that I love to do but havent done much of the past few years.  I guess that's what happens when you have real job and responsibilities.  How I long for those college days when you could skip some classes and run away for awhile!

How many of you have been outside the country? or even farther outside your state?  I will credit my parents with giving me a sense of adventure and love of traveling to new places.  When I was eight our first family vacation was to South Dakota to see Mt. Rushmore and the Badlands.  We stayed in a tiny motel and shared the 4x4 foot pool with a bunch of bikers.  Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on how you look at it, we chose to visit South Dakota during the Sturgis Bike Rally!  Our family mini-van was surrounded by bikers the entire way.  It definitely made the the trip memorable.     

Regardless of weather you take fancy vacations or you are forced to stay in the Red Carpet Inn, where there is nothing red carpet about it!, you are bound to have a few adventures.  At the very least you got to leave home for awhile and experience new and exciting things.  People are always telling me how they want to travel more yet they spend money on other things.  My car has a cracked bumper and has started to rust.  But it is not a menace to the road so I would rather go to Europe:)

Today, at 6:30pm, I am embarking on a week long adventure of who knows what.  Whenever I travel I always keep a journal and this time I will share my adventures with you.

TO BE CONTINUED...

No comments:

Post a Comment